Monday, August 15, 2016

Blue And White Birthday

Blue and white birthday lunch with the Batgirls, Batman and Robin!

 

That should have been the title of my post but it is so long!

One of the things I inherited from my Grandma is the blue and white set of dinnerware a long time ago.  

 

It has always been on display.  I would longingly look at it and promised myself that I will use it when my dining room is air conditioned already.

I thought of food that would look nice on those plates.  After some weeks of research, I decided to do a French Provencal menu.

Perfect! A country food menu.  

 

It suits my personality and my house.  Nothing too fancy and yet it looks "charming".  Hahaha Just like me!

They are mostly food I cannot pronounce.

Baked Camembert Loaf

 

It was such a hit.  Mayette even messaged me that she cannot stop dreaming about it.

1 Camembert cheese

French Sourdough bread

1/4 C. Olive oil

1 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. Freshly cracked black pepper

1 Tbsp. Minced garlic

1 T. Fresh rosemary, chopped

1/4 C. Butter, chilled and cut into cubes

Remove the top of the the bread.

Make a whole in the center of the loaf and insert the cheese.

Slice the loaf but not all the way through.  Pour the olive oil mixture in between slices.

Insert butter in between slices.

Bake at a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Serve while hot.

Salad Niçoise (nee-suazh) with French Green Batavia Lettuce

 

Provençal Beef Daube

 

Buttered Linguine

 

Chicken Galantine

 

Hahahahaha The other night, in my Barrio Fiesta party, it was called Galantina. 

I made several rolls for my 2 parties.  But since my menu is "French", it is now called, galantine.

My dessert was not French. It was the canonigo I baked the other day.  Served with Arce Mantecado ice cream from Corry and it became my version of Frozen Brazo de Mercedes!

 

I made an iced red wine cooler with Cabernet Sauvignon and seven up.

 

 

The Batgirls with Batman and Robin!

 

 

 

 

Mayette and Jon gave me a new beach wear!

 

 

I cannot wait to go to the beach!

Every year, I ask Jing and Sherman to give me a small ceramic serving pan.

 

 

Thank you so much Batgirls, Batman and Robin for celebrating with me, Happy Birthday Everyday Lia!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment