Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate Crinkles

I baked a batch of Chocolate Crinkles tonight.  I have not done that in years!!! I think more than 6 years.  Whew!

I am having lunch tomorrow with the friends of my mom and we will do a Valentine exchange gifts.

I dug up my old, old recipe book.  I used to bake and take orders eons ago.  This is a very easy recipe, even the kids can do it. I do not even remember from which cookbook I got it.  No mixer needed, just an oven.

Chocolate Crinkles



2 C. plus 2 T. all purpose flour, sifted
2 t. baking powder, sifted
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C. cooking oil
1 3/4 C. white sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 C. Bensdorp Cocoa (Cooks Exchange, Powerplant - Rockwell)
powdered sugar

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

In another bowl, beat oil and sugar with a spatula or wooden spoon.  Add eggs one at a time.  Then the vanilla and cocoa.

Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until well blended.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.



Scoop into balls and roll in powdered sugar.



Place on greased pan or lined with a silicone mat.

Bake in a pre-heated oven, 300 F - 150 C for 10 minutes.



Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.

Since the theme is Valentines, I sprinkled little edible hearts in the plastic container.



Tied a ribbon



and hopefully, the recipients will enjoy the cookies.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, if i use a diif cocoa brand(hersheys special dark) , should i still use yhe same measurement (half a cup) ?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, you can use another brand of cocoa for the crinkles.

      Delete