Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ramen

I have been having this crazy RAMEN obsession since yesterday.  I do not know why, it is vertigo in a bowl but I could not help myself.  I read in a book that I should imitate the way the Japanese eat because the incidence of diabetes is not high in their country.

As soon as I woke up today, I called up Ukokkei Ramen Ron and asked what time they open on Sundays.  11:30 am.  I immediately dressed up and was at their door a few minutes before opening time.  Yay for me!  I was the first customer to enter the ramen house.



It is my second time to eat there and ordered the same thing: Lunch Set A.



A big bowl of Miso Ramen



macaroni salad



half an order of chahan (surprisingly ... not greasy nor oily at all!)



and

4 pieces of gyoza.



I loved that their ramen noodles were sooo chewy and springy!!! 



The broth was really yum ... creamy from the miso ... lots and lots of sodium...  ahahaha and had a bit of oil.  I even added chili oil.

If it is not too bad for my vertigo, I would like to eat here every Sunday ... but I do have to limit my salty food intake.

It is already over the limit as it is.  Sugar is not so bad this morning because it is less than 200.

I thought Ukokkei  Ramen Ron was closed yesterday afternoon so I went to Shinjuku, Makati Avenue for merienda.

I had the Miso Ramen





and an order of 4-pc gyoza.



It hit the spot ... my craving for ramen was satisfied.

I still prefer the broth and the noodles of Ukokkei.  Dreaming of my next ramen fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment