Friday, September 27, 2013

Canned Tomato Salsa

I'm still on my Nacho Fever obsession. I already consumed 3 bottles of store bought salsa in a week! I researched the internet and found a very easy recipe and took about 5 minutes to make it! I just added a few ingredients to suit my taste.

Canned Tomato Salsa

1 can 400 gr. whole peeled tomatoes and juice

1/4 C. Red onions, chopped

2 T. Wansuy, chopped

1 t. Salt

1 t. Sugar

Half a lime, juice of

1 jalapeƱo pepper, deseeded and chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse for a few seconds. Transfer into a bottle and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.

*If you want it a bit "Chunky", add 1 can of diced tomatoes to the chilled salsa.

My neighbors and I had a "Girls Night Out"! Tricia and Shey joined Mona and I for a wheat-free junk food galore!

Cheesy Puffs!

I bought it at the food fair in Greenbelt 1. I sent a message to Mona on FB: Mona! I have pasalubong for you! Just pray I do not finish it all before I get home! Ha hahahaha!

I let them try the DECS Special Sio Mai.

It is not wheat-free but the wrapper is very thin. I loved the Sio Mai!

We had Tricia's Cheese Beef Dip! Perfect with the Nachos she got from Salcedo Market. She also brought Sweet and Salty Camote Chips. Shey brought extra nachos as well in case we run out!

The Wriggly Chronicles

As soon as Tricia and Shey left, Wriggly jumped up on the table!

I told him:

No, Wriggly! You can't have Gilbey's Gin!

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lia! I miss nachos too. Try also using fresh tomatoes, also yummy! Just make sure you use the plump and red tomatoes (the gwapo tomatoes). Wriggly's so cute and funny! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky! I also like salsa with fresh tomatoes but hard to find sweet red ones.
      Wriggly is really very funny!

      Delete