Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pad Thai

I've been studying all afternoon and evening long how to make Pad Thai. I am done with my Vietnamese obsession... Now it is Pad Thai.

It was already past midnight when I finally decided to experiment. After reading all the recipes, I was able to come up with my own that was very easy to follow.

Pad Thai - 4 servings

4 T. Cooking oil

4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 red onion, chopped

1 t. Red pepper flakes

250 g. Shrimps, peeled

150 g. 10 mm Rice noodles soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then rinsed with cold water

2 T. Water

Pad Thai Sauce (see below)

3 eggs

1 C. bean sprouts, divide into 2

Spring onions, cut into 3-inch lengths

1/2 C. Chopped garlic nuts, divide into 2

Garnishings: bean sprouts, chopped nuts, lime, pepper flakes and white sugar

Sauce:

4 T. Pantai Tamarind Paste

4 T. Tiparos Thai Fish Sauce

4 T. Dark brown sugar or Coco sugar

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil until sugar melts. Set Aside.

Heat the oil in a wok. Sauté the garlic and onions until soft.

Add the shrimps, cook until it changes color.

Add the noodles and water. Stir-fry for a few minutes then pour the sauce. Continue tossing the noodles.

Push the noodles to one side of the wok and add the egg. Scramble the egg until set then toss together with the noodles.

Add a handful of bean sprouts, spring onions and chopped nuts.

Transfer onto a serving plate. Garnish with bean sprouts and chopped nuts.

Squeeze the lime over the noodles and sprinkle with pepper flakes and white sugar before serving.

Mona said it tasted very good! Now, we do not have to go to a Thai restaurant whenever we have a Pad Thai craving!

My breakfast was Vietnamese Omelette with shrimps and bean sprouts.

Jing, Mona and Corry had lunch at my house. I used the leftover Lechon Kawali for the Pinakbet.

Corry and Mona bought the roast chicken in Rustan's Rockwell.

Jing brought our favorite Cheese Pichi-Pichi from Amber's.

Mona and I had a heavy merienda.

Garlic rice, leftover Bistek and the Humba from Shey!

Thank you,Shey!!!! We loved the wiggling fat!

I did not have dinner anymore because we had snacks at St. Andrew. Vinnie prepared a very good pasta dish. I only ate the meat sauce with Pecorino cheese from Europe.

Another wheat-free day for me! Yay! So far, so good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment