Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Italian Carbonara

I made Italian Carbonara for Sophie to show her my love.  I do not know any other way to show my love except by cooking for the person.  I was sick in bed last Sunday, bad case of Vertigo. She would go to my house and check on me every so often.  She even brought me lunch in bed!

The thing is..... I am not a very loving Tita, I am even very strict with Sophie.  In my way of thinking, kids should behave the way they should and I get frustrated when they do not.  I am from the old school that kids should be seen and not heard.  Hahahahahaha! And oh boy... can Sophie talk your head off.

These past couple of days, I have been waiting for her to come  home from school.  As soon as I hear their gate close, I would call her up and invite her for merienda.

Italian Carbonara (recipe from youtube) - 2 servings



170 g. spaghetti noodles
80 g. bacon, chopped and fried (drippings set aside)
2 egg yolks
1/2 egg, beaten
black pepper
2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. Pecorino Romano cheese, grated

Beat egg yolks and half an egg.  Add the cheeses and season with black pepper.

Add the cooled bacon bits and drippings to the egg-cheese mixture.

When  the noodles are al dente, immediately add to the the Carbonara sauce. (Thin with pasta water if it seems a bit dry.)

Sophie loved it!  She said it is her favorite Carbonara of all the Carbonaras she has tasted.

2 comments:

  1. My sis loves carbonara! Now we use Del MOnte gourmet sauce to easily prepare one :D I prefer tomato or oil-based pasta naman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pinkcookies!

    Same here ... I only like red pasta but white pasta is the favorite of my niece.

    ReplyDelete