Thursday, November 6, 2014

Nerie's Adobong Tuyo

One time, the topic of discussion with the Junkies was Adobo. Tricia said, Adobo is very personal. There is no "The Best Adobo" out there because each one has his or her own interpretation of our national dish.

When I spent the weekend with Mariger, her friend brought Adobong Baboy. I asked Nerie how it was cooked and I experimented tonight.

Nerie's Adobong Tuyo

1/2 K. Pork Liempo or pork cubes (shoulder part)

1/4 C. Vinegar

1/4 C. Soysauce

1 head Garlic, chopped

15 pcs. Black peppercorn

2 pcs. Bay leaves

Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive container and marinate for at least an hour.

Transfer the pork and marinade in a cooking pot. Let it boil and then lower the heat.

Cover and cook until there is no more liquid and oil has been rendered from the fat.

Don't forget to turn the meat every 5 minutes.

Did you notice there was no water????

Right! That was why it did not splatter at all!!!

Very easy adobo recipe.

I loved it! The meat was tender and the fat/skin was "makunat"!

Thank you, Nerie for teaching me how your family cooks adobo!

I ate a plateful of Strawberry Salad first before eating the Adobo.

I also cooked Pinakbet and ate it for merienda.

I am starting to get used to not eating rice with Filipino food.

All I need to do is just eat lots of vegetables.

I do not miss nor crave rice anymore.

Hooray!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment