Friday, November 21, 2014

Sisig

I have a Sisig obsession.

I have been eating Sisig almost everyday for the past 2 weeks!

If not at Sisig Hooray, I would eat at Grilla, just outside Bel-Air's gate.

My Sisig dates last week were Shey and Cat.

Shey said we cannot order just one! So we got 2!

The next day, I went back and had my own!

Best eaten with Hot Sauce and Knorr Seasoning!

FGM Cindy shared her recipe with me which she got from Ernest Reynoso Gala's Sizzling course.

I bought the ingredients for the recipe but it was a lot so I just used half.

Sizzling Sisig

1/2 K. Pig's Cheek

1/4 K. Pig's ears

1/4 C. Vinegar

2 T. Sugar

1 red onion, quartered

1/2 T. Rock salt

1/2 T. Black peppercorn

1/2 bay leaf

1 C. Water

Put everything in a pressure cooker and cook for 40 minutes.

Drain and then grill the cheek and ear over hot coals.

Grill also 125 g. Pork liver

Chop all the meat and set aside.

In a hot frying pan melt 1/4 C. Butter.

Add 1/2 C. Chopped onions. Cook until soft. Add the chopped meat.

Cook until crunchy.

Transfer onto a sizzling plate.

Sprinkle more chopped onions and chopped chili peppers.

Drizzle with the sauce.

Sauce

1/4 C. Calamansi juice

1/2 T. Knorr seasoning

1/2 T. Brown sugar

1/2 t. Black pepper

The degree of difficulty of cooking Sisig is very high. I wanted to do it all by myself.

But if you have someone who will grill the pork and chop it, then I would say, the degree of difficulty would go all the way down.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment