Monday, July 16, 2012

"Macaroni Salad" spread

FBS: 93

Ha!  I know why it was high this morning.  Yesterday, I had sharksfin dumplings, even if I removed the wrapper, I bet they used a starch binder.  The effect of re-introducing even a minute amount of wheat for me means taking several trips to the bathroom.

I love the KFC Macaroni salad but since I cannot eat it anymore, I made my own Macaroni Salad without the ..... macaroni!!!  Hahahaha... Jing and Mona loved it and asked me to write down the recipe.  I used cucumber slices as my bread.



Macaroni Salad Spread (or just add macaroni noodles and it will be a salad already)




450 g. chicken breast, boiled with salt and flaked
1 T. pickle relish
2 T. celery, minced
2 T. red onion, minced
1 small carrot, par-boiled and chopped into small cubes
1/4 C. grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped or mashed
1/2 t. salt
white pepper
1 t. sugar
80 ml. Lady's Choice mayonnaise

We also ate the Tinapa with Capers that Tita Tess Colayco gave me.  Thanks, Tita Tess!



It was surprisingly good!  I also ate it with cucumber slices.



I cooked Pork Spareribs Sinigang for lunch. I am learning to cook now using natural ingredients and not with Knorr Sinigang mix or Magic Sarap! Hooray for me!



Mona ordered Lechon Manok from Chic-Boy Jupiter and a vegetable dish.





Corry brought something.... she said, since I cannot eat dessert she bought Herr's Cheese Curls.  I told her.... Corry! I cannot eat that! I relayed to Jing what I said to Corry and she replied:  "Bakit??? Ikaw lang ba ang tao dito?!"  Hahahaha So they had the cheese curls for dessert while I looked on grudgingly.

And then..... the empanada from Kamuning that Mona ordered arrived after lunch!!! 



It is one of my favorites!!!  Waaahhhhhh!!!!  :(  That would have been double whammy for me, wheat + deep fried.  I did not eat.   Hehehehehe I hope Wriggly goes up the table and steal their empanada!!!!

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

Macaroni Salad spread on cucumber slices
Tinapa with Capers on cucumber slices

Lunch:

Pork Spreribs Sinigang
Lechon Manok

Snack:

peanuts

Dinner:

Left Over Chic-Boy Lechon Manok over Romaine Lettuce with Cheese, Salsa, Guacamole and half an ounce of corn tortilla.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your endeavors towards a healthy lifestyle! Im on week 3 of my Cohen diet program and experiencing results already. Im not allowed artificial seasonings too, and the only wheat Im allowed to eat are 5 pieces of wheat crackers a day. I am able to control my cravings and resist temptation to cheat, that information about wheat stimulating appetite is so true. These days, my love for food has not stopped me from cooking (I still browse your recipes), I just derive virtual satisfaction watching my family enjoy their meals. I think Im starting to look like my dog when she hangs around in the dining room during mealtimes, watching people eat wondering how the food shes not allowed to eat would burst into a thousand flavors in her mouth. -Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Happy! Isn't it wonderful we do not experience cravings anymore? Just stick to Cohen and you will see results. My Ate was able to finish the program and achieve her goal - to lose 40 lbs.

      Good luck to us!

      Delete