Saturday, July 28, 2012

Baked Tilapia

FBS: 119

Oh, no! My FBS went up to 119!!!  I have been eating out for 2 consecutive days.  Even if I did not eat any wheat products, I am not sure what other ingredients they used to give me a spike in blood sugar.  It is really better to prepare your own food, at least you know what you are eating is really healthy and wheat-free.

I have a Tilapia in the freezer and did not know what to do.  I do not like fried fish anymore nor grilled.  I was searching online for a recipe when I found one that seems so easy to make!!!!

Baked Tilapia



1 Tilapia, cleaned and scaled
rock salt
onion, sliced
ginger, julienned
lemongrass, white part only, sliced
coconut cream (I did not put but the recipe online has)
oil (sesame or maybe coconut oil? or maybe even better oil from pork fat?!? :D)

Season the Tilapia with salt.  Stuff the cavity with onion, ginger, lemongrass and coconut cream.  

Drizzle oil all over the fish.  Wrap tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake for 30 minutes at 400F oven.

Serve with calamansi and fish sauce.

There are so many possibilities!!!  Maybe next time I can even use fish head?!?!?!  YUMMMM!!!

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

1 egg, scrambled
Leftover menudo

Lunch:

1/2 C. rice
sauteed string beans
Adobo

Snack:

Cashews
200 ml. Full cream milk

Dinner:

Baked Tilapia
1/2 C. rice
Tinola broth
sauteed string beans


No comments:

Post a Comment