Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pancake House Spaghetti Sauce Copycat

I recently looked online for a copycat recipe of Pancake House Spaghetti Sauce. I found one and experimented with it.

My problem was it had too much water. It took me 3 hours to reduce the sauce and added more sugar and seasonings. Then I also added some ingredients not written in the recipe.

Pancake House Spaghetti Sauce

1/2 K. Ground beef

1/4 C. Garlic, chopped

1/4 C. Cooking oil

1/4 C. Del Monte Tomato Paste

1 K. Del Monte Tomato sauce

1 C. Sugar

2 Knorr Beef bouillon

1 t. salt

1 t. Cumin

1/2 t. Pepper

2 T. Soy sauce

1 T. Liver spread

1 liter water (simmer for 2-3 hours over low heat) or 1 C. Water ( simmer over low heat for an hour)

In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, sauté the garlic in oil.

Add the ground beef and sauté until the fat has been rendered.

Add the Tomato paste then tomato sauce followed by all the seasonings and water. Simmer over low heat depending on the amount of water used.

In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the liver spread. Adjust the seasoning according to taste.

I invited my friends to try my experiment.

Serla brought an Indian snack called Bhelpuri.

It is a savory snack made from puffed rice with curry seasoning, vegetables (boiled potatoes, onions and cilantro with salt and cumin), tamarind sauce and sour cream.

We all liked it, especially Pinky.

Janette brought Olan's Lumpiang Shanghai.

Pinky brought lemon squares from Becky's.

Tricia, Miko and Jodie were in charge of the salad

And fried chicken.

I also baked Chocolate cake.

I was so apprehensive the sauce might not taste like the one from Pancake House but Serla said it tasted even better!

Whew! At least my experiment was successful and they all liked it! They cannot wait for me to post the recipe.

Earlier in the day, I cooked the Crispy Pata I ordered from Adiel.

It came all the way from Cabanatuan City! She said it is from Tata Celo's! I have to find out how to order because a lot of people want to taste the super delicious crispy Pata. The skin was paper thin and the meat was so tender! Marshmallow tender!

I want to eat it again!

 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia, I'll be trying out your spaghetti recipe. May I know why you need simmer the water for 2-3 hours? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely trying this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete