Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pork Barbecue

I have been having problems with my PLDT broadband connections lately, so this post is a bit late.  I am here at the house of Joy Alonzo for dinner.  Good thing, I brought my laptop and I can catch up on my postings.

Last Saturday, my family and I had our usual lunch. 

I have not made my all time favorite Pork BBQ in a while.  When Maya thanked me in FB for the recipe I shared with her 10 years ago, I decided to try it again.

Pork BBQ



1 K. pork kasim, sliced thinly
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. soy sauce
1/2 C. 7 up
1 T. MSG (Maya uses 1/2 Knorr Pork Cube instead)
1 t. black pepper
1-2 pcs. sili labuyo

Marinate the pork overnight in the refrigerator.

Sauce for basting:

1/3 C. cooking oil
1/3 C. UFC ketchup
3 T. marinade

Mix all the ingredients with a wire whisk.

* Some people do not use the marinade for basting since it is uncooked.  My instructions to Hermie was not to baste the pork in the last 5 minutes of grilling.

Our Soup for the day was Chicken Mami.

Chicken Mami



1/2 K. chicken
chicken broth
cooking oil
garlic, chopped
onion, chopped
2 T. fish sauce
1/2 K. fresh mami noodles
green onions, chopped

Boil chicken in water with salt and pepper.  When cool, flake and set aside.

Saute garlic and onion in oil.  Add the flaked the chicken. Continue sauteing then season with patis.  Add the reserved chicken broth and season to taste.

Pour boiling water on the fresh mami noodles, then rinse with cold water.

Add the drained mami noodles to the soup and boil for a few minutes.  Top with green onions.

We also had Baked Tahong.



The favorite of everybody.

Hermie was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  bad!!!!  I asked her: Are you trying to kill Tita Portia?!?!?!?!?!

She made two sticks of pork FAT bbq!!!!  And that was what Tita Portia ate!!!!

BAD! BAD! BAD!

My secret tip:

I used to have a pork barbecue business, well, I still accept orders but it has to be 3 days in advance.

I tried using the ordinary pork kasim from Rustans but it was still a bit tough on my opinion.  The pork I use for my business is also from Rustans but special order.  I ask the butchers to prepare it for me,  more expensive but it is really super tender.  If you grill the pork in the morning, it will still be tender up to the evening or even when you reheat the next day.

4 comments:

  1. Im glad to be back on your blog and find new posts! Again, you are so generous to share your recipes and tips! -happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, happy! I have been having internet problems lately so I could not post often. Hopefully, PLDT resolves the problem soon.

      Delete
  2. Hi,i am so happy to read your blogs and recipe. i am an illongga presently residing in Sydney Australia.I am on maternity leave at the moment and my hobby is cooking. I am so excited to try your recipes esp the pork bbq&the choc crinkles which i have been craving when i was pregnant. I cant find bensdorp cocoa here in Sydney..is there any brand you can reco i can use for choc crinkles?Thank you and more power!Redge of Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Redge! Thank you for reading my blog. You can use any Dutch Processed cocoa if you can't get Bensdorp over there. Happy cooking and baking!

      Delete