Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ginataang Langka

I have a new and very easy Ginataang Langka recipe.

Ginataang Langka

1/2 K. Langka

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 onion, sliced

3 C. Coconut milk, 2nd extraction

2 T. Fresh alamang

1 t. Knorr Chicken Powder

1 C. Coconut cream, 1st extraction

100 g. Shrimps

2 pcs. Green chili peppers

Boil coconut milk with garlic and onions.

Add the Langka. Lower heat, cover and cook for 25 minutes.

Remove the cover.

Season with Knorr powder.

When most of the liquid has evaporated, add the shrimps, chili peppers and coconut cream. Let it boil until the shrimps are cooked.

Mona likes to eat it with kalamansi.

I ate the Ginataang Langka with Pork BBQ.

I haven't cooked this recipe in years! 2012 was probably the last time. This is my commercial bbq. I can't share this particular recipe because it is very special and personal. Once in a while, I do take orders. I am embarrassed because it cost a bit more than the regular bbq. I tried using meat from other suppliers but I only like the pork from Rustan's. I have to do the costing so I can add it to my Lia's Food List.

I can share though the new technique I just learned while grilling today.

If you want your bbq to be moist, skewer some pork fat that you marinated together with the meat and put it on top of the pork bbq crosswise while grilling.

PD will love the pork fat on a stick! I sent her 3 sticks of fat!

Ohhhh I also have a new recipe for Nilagang Baka! My recipes nowadays are getting easier and simpler!

Nilagang Baka

1/2 K. Beef bones

1/2 K. Beef

4-6 C. Water

2 whole onions

1 inch knob of ginger, pounded

1 tsp. black peppercorn

3 stalk leeks, white and green separated

1 t. Rocksalt

1 t. Patis

1 t. MSG (optional) or Knorr Chicken Powder

Cabbage, sliced into wedges

Pechay

Boil the beef and bones in water. When the scum rises to the top, discard water, wash the beef and bones and wash the soup pot.

Put the beef in a clean pot, add water, onions, ginger and peppercorn. When it boils, cover and lower heat.

Cook for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.

Add the salt, patis and seasoning powder.

Drop the cabbage and white part of the leeks. Cook covered until the cabbage is crisp tender.

Add the pechay and green part of the leeks. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.

I missed Mona when I cooked the Liempo Sinigang!

Look, Mona! 2 pcs. of fatty pork! One for you and one for me!

But it just became one for me and one for me!

One reason why I have not been posting lately was because my sugar was extremely high these past few days.

It started when I attended the bingo socials at the park.

I ate Mango and Cheese Ice Cream!!!!

Blue Cotton Candy!

I had no business eating those sugar laden snacks!

Then the next day, my Ate gave me chocolates! Pasalubong from their Korean trip!

I ate it all in one sitting! I hid in my room and devoured the whole pack of chocolates!

To compound my sugar problem, I bought Sweet Corn ice cream at Cash and Carry!

Vinnie asked me to prepare food for our Bibliarasal. She was the food sponsor for the night. I just assembled Croissant with ham and Brie and Watermelon Salad!

Watermelon has very high sugar content.

So here I am, 2 and half months of being wheat-free and 3 weeks of rice and corn free. But what I should have been since forever was SUGAR-FREE!

I stopped eating chocolates and my sugar count is improving. I really really love chocolates! And I don't like the sugar-free variety.

The best I can have these days is Dark Chocolate. As in 70% or more.

But I love milk chocolates!!!! :((

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment