Wednesday, August 28, 2013

CNT Lechon Sinigang

Mona and I had our cooking/eating session with our KST friends, Shey, Cat with her son, Jose and Tricia tonight.

Their request was Cebu Lechon Sinigang.

I just followed the recipe at the back of Knorr Sinigang mix but boiled the Lechon for an hour and a half.

Mona taught us how to cook Crispy Bacon Slice Liempo.

She marinated the pork slices in kalamansi, Thai fish sauce and pepper then dredged it in cornstarch before frying.

Cat brought Ensaladang Mangga.

Our dessert from Tricia.... Magnum Chocolate and Strawberry.

Shey's permanent potluck assignment.... After dinner Chips and Dip!

She made the dip herself. Mona taught her a few weeks ago.

Cat is our resident bartender, she helped me make Sangria.

Sangria

1 bottle red wine

500 ml. Seven-up

2-4 T. White sugar

1 lemon, sliced

1 orange, sliced

1 apple, sliced

Mix all the ingredients in a pitcher and chill before serving.

I cooked Kettle Corn for them.

Yay! I did not burn it this time! I used the popcorn kernels I bought in Cebu.

Ohhhh what a fun night we had! Our tummies were stuffed to the max!

And then ..... When the clock struck 12.......

They all greeted me, Happy Birthday!

Hahahaha ha... Yes.... Today is my REAL birthday.

Until our next cooking and eating session girls!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment