Sunday, August 4, 2013

Birthday Brunch with Friends

I started my series of birthday celebrations today with my friends!

I have been planning this brunch as early as April. People would ask me, "Why brunch?"

Because breakfast food is one of my favorites and the fact that I want a different theme this year.

Hermie and I set the table last night.

An uninvited guest wanted to attend my brunch!

We were not finished setting the table yet. He was checking out all the chairs and he would have jumped on top of the table! Good thing I caught him before he messed up our setting.

Lia's Birthday Brunch Menu

Pancakes

Crispy Bacon

The secret to crunchy straight bacon slices.... bake them in the oven.

Jing was sooooo bad! She dipped the pan de sal in bacon grease.

OMG!!!! I forgot to tell Yaya Hermie to keep all the bacon drippings and fat!

Brown Sugar Bacon (my favorite because I do not like crunchy bacon)

Yamato Donuts and Maple Bread from Mon

Pan de Sal

Whipped Butter

Whipped Cream (I forgot to take the photo)

Fresh Mangoes and Papaya!

I loved the pancake with whipped butter and mango cubes... Topped with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzled with Aunt Jemima syrup! The best!!!!!

RAM Pork and Beans.... Another favorite of mine!

Breakfast Sausage Patties and Mini Hash Brown

Shrimp Omelette with JalapeƱo Peppers!

I asked Mon to cook it for me because he makes the best omelette!

Tinapa

Cherry Tomatoes and Red Eggs

Thank you Miss Ann for the Gourdo's twin serving dish!

Tapa from Farmer's Market

Garlic Rice

Orange and Pineapple Juice

Coffee

Lia's Friends....

Jing and Sherman with their boys, James and Michael

Tricia and Mona

Mayette and Jon

Corry and Mon

Fairy Godmother Cindy and "Ninong" Richard. It was fairy godmother who gave me several bottles of Aunt Jemima Syrup for my birthday brunch!

My new Ninong gave me Oreo with Chocolate filling!

Tita Letty, Tita Dely, Nolan, Sol and Bea joined us for coffee and dessert.

My Little Gentlemen.... James, Michael, Nalo and Lance.

I am so happy I have a birthday cake!

I was supposed to bake Chocolate Cake but I did not have time anymore. It would have been too sad if my friends did not sing "Happy Birthday To You" and if I did not blow out the candle!

Thank you Corry, Jing and Sherman!

FaceTime "attendees"

Mariger

And

Celina

Lisa also but I was very busy eating I was not able to take a screen shot. Sorry!!!

I love my friends!

My friends are my jewels!

My hard work in preparing for this birthday brunch was worth it! Good thing, Mona helped me!

Thank you dear friends for appreciating all my efforts and for loving me!

Happy Birthday, Everyday LIA!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment