Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thai Fried Chicken and Kang Kong with Yellow Beans

I have a Fried Chicken obsession at the moment.

Wings, particularly. Shey said, with the amount of wings we have been eating, soon... We will be able to fly!

I browsed online for a very easy Thai Fried Chicken Recipe. I found one! But replaced the flour with rice flour.

Thai Fried Chicken

1 K. Chicken wings

4 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely

4 roots of wansuy, cleaned and chopped coarsely

10 white peppercorn or 1/4 t. Ground white pepper

1 egg, slightly beaten

2 T. Water

2 T. Light soy sauce

2 T. Tiparos Thai fish sauce

4 T. Rice flour

Pound the garlic, peppercorn and wansuy roots until it turns into paste.

Combine the egg, water, light soy sauce, fish sauce and the paste.

Put the rice flour in a big bowl (enough to hold the chicken wings).

Slowly pour the liquid mixture into the rice flour. Stir until the batter is not lumpy anymore.

Put the wings into the bowl with batter. (No need to marinate.)

Deep fry.

Serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.

Tita Jit gave me this bottle of sweet chili sauce. It came from Bangkok.

The perfect partner for the fried wings is....

Kang Kong with Yellow Beans and Garlic

I found the recipe online!

I am crazy over wings but especially Thai Fried Chicken!

Best eaten with the sauce from Bangkok. You can buy it in Landmark Supermarket.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you find my blog useful and informative.

    ReplyDelete