Friday, August 8, 2014

Crab with Vermicelli (Sotanghon)

I went to Farmer's Market today to buy ingredients for my Vietnamese party on Sunday.

Lucky Me! I was able to buy crabs for a reasonable price!

The experiment for today .....

Crab with Vermicelli (Sotanghon)

600 g. Mud crab (Alimango)

2 T. Cooking oil

4 cloves garlic, chopped

6 slices ginger

4 bundles of Sapporo Premium Vermicelli noodles

2 T. Coconut Brand Soysauce

2 T. Pantai Oyster Sauce

1 t. Chicken powder

2 C. Water

Spring onions and wansuy for garnishing

Soak the noodles in water for 10 minutes.

Cut the crabs in half (while still alive if you can) and clean the shell and legs with a toothbrush.

Sauté the garlic and ginger in oil until fragrant.

Add the crabs and continue sautéing for about 5 minutes.

Then add the drained vermicelli noodles, soysauce, oyster sauce, chicken powder and water.

Toss it around for a bit and cover for 5 minutes.

When the sauce dries up, (Unless you want a slightly wet noodle dish, then don't let the sauce dry up.) transfer into a claypot and garnish with spring onions and wansuy.

My claypot is a bit small, you can only see the crabs.

When I got a serving....

The Sotanghon was visible already.

I loved the Crab with Vermicelli!

So easy to make except for the killing part!

I am going to cook this again for my family for our Chinese lunch next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment