Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Death By Chocolate Trifle

It started with a chocolate bar given to me by Cristina on my "Birthmonth".

Yum!!!! A whole bar of Belgian Milk Chocolate!

I could have eaten it one block at a time but decided to use it for the Death By Chocolate Trifle.

I set aside some trifle for Cristina.

It was my back up dessert for my KST catering stint in case the Vietnamese Corn Pudding did not turn out well. Thank Goodness it did! I asked Mona to cook it for me because I was busy assembling the Goi Cuon.

I was so fortunate last night because FGM Cindy answered my plea for help when I ran out of all purpose cream!

She gave me two tetra paks.

I was able to put whipped cream on the top layer!

My savior! Thanks FGM!

Since I did not serve it at KST.... I shared it with my neighbors!

The Junkies and I had dessert!

Tricia brought chips and chicken something dip with cheese!!!

So good with wansuy and a dot of hot sauce!

I started drinking soda again!

I know it is bad.... Have to get rid of the habit.

I am waiting for my other neighbors and friends tomorrow to try my Death By Chocolate.

Of course, I will share it also with my family!

Death By Chocolate

Chocolate cake or brownies, broken into cubes

Ganache:

500 g. Milk chocolate

500 ml. All purpose cream

Whipped cream:

500 ml. All purpose cream, chilled

1/2 C. Powdered sugar, sifted

Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put it in a bowl. Make sure there is no water in the bowl or else the chocolate will seize.

Heat 500 ml. cream in the microwave for a minute or two or heat it in the saucepan until it almost boils.

Pour hot cream over the chocolate. Do NOT stir. Let it stand for 10 minutes then stir slowly.

When the chocolate melts, let it cool slightly and cover with cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Whip the ganache until it is lighter in color and has doubled in bulk using the Kitchen Aid with the wire whip attachment.

Spread a layer of the whipped ganache in a trifle container. Layer with the chocolate cake or brownie pieces.

Then spread again a layer of whipped ganache and chocolate/brownie pieces.

Top with whipped cream. Refrigerate overnight.

Whipped cream:

Chill the bowl and wire whip attachment for an hour.

Pour the cream in the bowl and whip until it starts to look "fluffy". Add the powdered sugar and whip until the cream has doubled in bulk. Be careful not to overbeat.

 

2 comments:

  1. That looks divine (drooling right now)! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I'll make this on the next cheat day in manila. Lately I've been craving for a creamy dessert like this or mango float.

    ReplyDelete