Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Camaron Rebosado con Jamon

I was searching online all morning for a rellenong hipon recipe but I ended up cooking Camaron Rebosado con Jamon.  It is another favorite of Tita Portia, with FAT!!!!!



Camaron Rebosado con Jamon



1/2 K. shrimps, butterflied
pork fat, thinly sliced
ham, thinly sliced

 

Batter (I just found this recipe in the internet) http://kumain.com/camaron-rebosado/

1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. corn starch
2 eggs
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 C. water

Combine all the ingredients for the batter.

Layer the shrimp, pork fat and ham.



Dip into the batter.  Use a fork to transfer the shrimp into the frying pan.

Serve with sweet and sour sauce.

3/4 C. water
2 T. vinegar
3 T. tomato catsup
2/3 C. white sugar
1 1/2 T. corn starch

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.  Let it boil without stirring.

I do not know if I can say it is easy to make but I suppose if you have to cook for a whole family, it will be difficult because it is time consuming but all worth it. 

You could opt for a simple Camaron Rebosado without the fat and ham, that is more "doable". 

 

My Kuya prefers the plain version because he is health conscious.

2 comments:

  1. i like! im not health conscious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona! What do you mean you are not health conscious?!?!?! Your cholesterol level is way up there! :P hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete