Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Boracay" in Bel-Air

I invited Michelle and Sam for a "Thank You" lunch today.  Tita Portia offered to hold it in her house.  I woke up at 7:30 am... and they were surprised I was back by 8:30 am from the market.  I know my guests like seafood and grilled stuff, so to get the freshest seafood available... had to go early in the morning.

We were all surprised when we went inside Tita Portia's house!  She created a tropical setting for us!



She is such an amazing host! One of the best...  if left to me ...I would just put the food in my square "buffet" table and let everybody just help themselves.  I wish I am as talented as her when it comes to table setting.




 I wanted to recreate our Boracay food experiences.

Hahaha  Tita Portia has never been to "Borocay" because she doesn't like the sun.












.

 I remembered Sam liked the pandan juice in Astoria so I made my own version ... Pandan Lemongrass tea.  It was light and refreshing.

Our Beach Menu:

Mussels with Corn Soup



Bicol Express.



Grilled Platter



Our grilled platter consisted of my pork barbecue, Thai grilled liempo, grilled squid, green mangoes and Sam mentioned  to me when we were in the island, he likes eggplant with red egg salad.



Vinegar Dip for grilled food



1 C. Datu Puti vinegar
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 red onion, chopped finely
3 red chile, chopped
2 T. Knorr Seasoning

Of course ... my deadly Bagoong with garlic and homemade chicharon bits.



Rice wrapped in banana leaves.

I experimented with Prawns in Aligue Sauce... bought the crab fat in Everybody's Cafe, Salcedo Market last Saturday for this lunch.



Prawns in Aligue Sauce

1 K. prawns
1 head garlic, crushed
1 t. rock salt
1/4 C. calamansi juice
1/4 C. water
1 C. Aligue
2 T. cooking oil

Saute the garlic in oil until light brown.  Add the prawns and toss until slightly cooked.  Season with rock salt.  Pour the calamansi juice and water.  When the prawns are cooked, add the aligue.  Serve while hot with steamed rice.

Leche Flan for dessert.  I baked it this time instead of steaming.



Tita Portia bought Buko Lychee Sherbet.

Michelle and Sam brought Blueberry Cheesecake from Polo Club.



We were so full!  We wanted to eat  more but we could not!!!  Hahahaha  Why does this sound familiar???  It is as though it is my signature line for ending all my posts.  But it is true.

I really enjoyed the company of Michelle and Sam... too bad they are going home to Vancouver, Canada this weekend.  I hope they visit more often and share more food adventures with me.

Have a safe trip home!  Can't wait until you come back to Manila.  Thank you so much for being great Boracay buddies!

1 comment:

  1. hi lia,
    that was a great lunch. the food was so so yummy. and the table setting of tta portia was perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete