Friday, June 5, 2015

Beef/Pork Afritada

This is my first time to cook Pork Afritada.

It was not something I ate growing up. My family does not eat it but I wanted to experiment because I do not know how to cook it.

Tricia asked her kusinera to share the recipe with me.

I hope I understood her instructions correctly. I cooked it for Mona because she slept over last night.

Mona said she liked it and told me she will also try to cook it at home.

Pork Afritada

1/2 K. Pork kasim, cut into cubes

Marinade:

2 T. Vinegar

3 pcs kalamansi, juice of

6 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 t. Cracked black pepper

2 T. Knorr seasoning

Marinate the pork cubes for 1 hour.

Garlic, crushed

Onions, sliced

Bell pepper, cut into squares

1/4 C. Tomato paste

2 Cups water

1 t. MSG or Magic Sarap Or Aji ginisa

Potatoes, cubed and fried

Carrots, cubed and fried

Red and green pepper, cut into squares

*1-2 T. Mang Tomas Lechon sauce, optional

Sauté garlic, onions and bell pepper. When soft, add the tomato paste and continue sautéing for a few minutes.

Add the marinated pork and saute for about 10 minutes.

Add 2 cups water and the remaining marinade.

Simmer for 2 hours over low heat until pork is tender.

Add fried potatoes and carrots.

When the potatoes and carrots are soft, add the red and green pepper.

Season according to taste. You may add salt, pepper or Patis.

* Add Mang Tomas if you want a sweeter version.

PS.

I also tried Beef Afritada.

I followed the recipe above but simmered it for 3 1/2 hours instead of 2 hours.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Another recipe I must try! Thanks!

    Btw, I saw you in SM Makati yesterday but was too shy to approach. :) - Resty

    ReplyDelete