Friday, June 26, 2015

An Evening with Schoolmates

My Manila-based schoolmates and I organized a get together for our friends who are home in the Philippines at the moment.

Donabelle and Sarah Jane.

I asked them to bring food for sharing with a Pinoy theme.

Hermie and I cooked Fried Lumpiang Ubod.

Dra. Cristina, our ever reliable Pork BBQ a supplier!

Rellenong Bangus from Pinky.

Miko and Jodie ordered from Olan's:

Pancit Malabon

Lumpiang Shanghai

Janette and Candy brought Pork Adobo.

Bibo cooked a very special Fish Curry with Mongo!

What made it special was the fish used was caught by her son, Mickey, in Tali. She also brought several bottles of wine and "Charlie Peanuts"!

Who remembers it? I used to buy it from Insular Bakery. It came in a yellow and white plastic bag.

Marianne and Cath brought soda, chips, dip and Nathaniel's Buko Pandan.

Dodai baked a dessert I could eat! Nutella Brownies!

She just used 4 eggs and 1 Cup Nutella!

Christine brought a dessert I could not eat but ate a very small 1x1 slice of Chocolate Cake from Chocolat!

As of this writing, I am so tempted to eat the leftover cake!

God, help me!!!

Hermie is down with the flu so we just used paper plates and paper cups.

As usual, it was a fun night!

Lots of catching up!

I am so glad we were able to make our balikbayans happy tonight.

Thank you, girls!

The night would not have been a success without everybody's help!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment