Monday, February 5, 2018

Humba Cooked in Coca Cola

I have a Visayan Humba recipe here in my blog but it is too complicated for me so I experimented with a very easy version.

Instead of water, I used Coca Cola.  Shey is my Humba teacher.

Sharing with you a recipe even an 8 year old can follow!

Humba Cooked In Coca Cola


1 K. Pork Pata, choose the fatty pieces from the hind leg
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. MSG
1/4 C. Datu Puti soy sauce
1 can Coca Cola
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. cane vinegar
100 gr. black tausi, rinsed and drained
8 pcs. Chinese mushrooms, reconstituted in hot water for 30 minutes then cut in half.

Clean the pata under under running water.  Drain then set aside.

Marinate the pata in soy sauce, pepper and MSG for an hour.

Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.

You can let it rest overnight then transfer in to a pot or pan and reduce the liquid until it reaches the consistency you desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment