Friday, February 9, 2018

Errands In Chinatown

Jing and I did some errands in Chinatown the other day.


Of course, a visit to Binondo is not complete without eating at President Grand Palace.


Our favorite is the Sizzling Noodles with Shrimp and Pork.

We also ordered Oyster Cake.



We had "dessert" at Wai Ying and bought pasalubong  for Jing's boys and Hermie.

Pork sio mai


Shrimp Rice Roll


Lemonade.


I bought Roast Chicken from Country Chicken on Benavidez.



Flowering Pechay!


My favorite.  I cooked it with oyster sauce and fried shallots. Blanched Vegetables With Oyster Sauce


Jumbo pan de sal from Wan Kee Bakery, Benavidez.


Our last stop was Bee Tin Grocery on Ongpin St.

I bought Chinese Bihon noodles, soy sauce and some pasalubong.


Yunnan Ham!!


It was the favorite of my Lola and Mom!  Beside Lola's caja de yiero was Yunnan Ham and Brunn butter.

When I got home I was so excited to eat it with pan de sal and butter.


In my excitement my fingertips got sliced accidentally by the tin can!

WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHH   Hihihi that was how I sounded.

I was screaming and moaning in pain while letting the blood drip down the sink. I held it for a long time under running water.

TIP:

When I scream and moan I do not feel the pain that much.

Hahahahaha I was just carrying on like I was in horrible pain.  Even Snowball was so concerned.

After 30 minutes and first aid, I was able to eat my merienda!!!



My fingertips are healing nicely now.

So that concludes my Chinatown food story.

No comments:

Post a Comment