Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Sprinkling of Fairy Dust

My Kuya once told me I have Magic Hands.

He said, I could cook anything and it would taste very good.

I cooked Chinese Lunch for my birthday celebration with my family today and as I was sprinkling salt on the food I was cooking....

....I imagined that I was sprinkling fairy dust and that the food would magically taste delicious!

I think it worked!

My family kept refilling their plates!

My Menu:

Soup (Sotanghon for Gilly)

Chili Garlic Crab

Fried Rice

Pata Tim

I used the slow cooker I received from Tricia L. as a birthday present.

Thank you, so much!

Fried Chicken with Salted Eggs

1/2 K. Chicken thighs

1 T. Soysauce

1 t. Cooking wine

1 pc. Salted egg, chopped

1 egg yolk

3 T. cornstarch

Marinate chicken in soysauce, wine and salted egg for at least 20 minutes but preferably overnight.

Add the egg yolk and cornstarch before deep frying.

Ideally, serve with vinegar, garlic and chili dipping sauce.

Camaron Rebusado con Jamon y lardo for PD

Camaron Rebusado

It is the favorite of my nephew, Renzo.

He rarely joins our Saturday lunch so I had to bribe him with Camaron. It was so worth it! He had about 15 pieces!

He also gave me a birthday gift!

Our dessert was just ice cream and Purple Oven's Revel Bars from Nicky.

My nieces and nephews are so "grown up" already!

(L-R Marco - cousin of Gilly, Sophie, Gilly, Cy-gf of Nicky, Nicky)

It shows that I am getting older each year!

But who cares?! As long as I have a young and happy disposition... Then that is all that matters!

According to Gilly, my niece, I have an eternal fountain of youth!

She showed my pictures to her friends when I was in my 20's, 30's and now I am in my 40's... My face still looks the same!

Hahahahahaha I think the secret is....

You have to celebrate your birthday every day of your Birthmonth!

Happy birthday everyday, Lia!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment