Friday, August 6, 2010

Bounty from Farmer's Market

Finally!!! I was able to go to Farmer's Market in Cubao. I've been craving for the little pusit and was able to buy. Since I was there already I also bought other seafood, meat and vegetables. The beef for my mechado, shrimps, and for my family's Saturday lunch, beef for Gilly's Nilaga and ubod. I'm going to make fresh lumpiang ubod.

As soon as I got home, I already cooked the Shrimps with Garlic Butter. It was my late lunch.

Shrimps with Garlic and Butter




250 grams shrimps

1/4 C. butter or margarine (I used Dari Creme Classic)

1 head native garlic, crushed

1 t. rock salt

2 T. Mirinda Orange or Royal Tru-Orange

Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan, add the garlic and cook until brown. Toss in the shrimps and salt then the Orange soda. Continue cooking until it changes color and the shrimps are cooked through. Do not overcook because it will be hard to peel the shrimps.

I have to pause now because I am already eating the adobong pusit cooked by Hermie. Ahhhh baby pusit, it is so hard to find that variety. Most of the pusit sold in the supermarkets are big. My mom liked the little one because it is more tender.
My dinner tonight is Beef Mechado. My neighbor taught me how to cook it. I used Beef Kalitiran (Flank Steak), I hope the butcher gave me a good cut!

Beef Mechado





1 K. Beef Kalitiran, whole or beef cubes

garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

4 pieces tomatoes, sliced

1 C. Tomato sauce

3 -4 T. soy sauce

1 pc bay leaf

3 kalamansi

2 pcs. Knorr Beef cube

2-3 Cups water (2 If pressure cooker is used)

potatoes, cubed

carrots, cubed

button mushroom

red pepper, sliced

Brown beef all over, remove. Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy sauce and juice of calamansi. Add water, then the beef and bay leaf. Simmer until tender. Strain sauce. Refrigerate beef, then slice. Return sauce to pot, add sliced beef, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and red pepper. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for the interest in my blog. I will email you my website's details.

    ReplyDelete