Saturday, July 14, 2012

Beef Fajitas

FBS: 84

Uh Oh! Why did it become 84?  Dr. Wassmer told me before that I could adjust my medication at my own discretion.  I did it last night.  I just injected 50 units of insulin as opposed to the prescribed 60.  84 is still low and normal but it is going to make my average higher.  So, back to 60 later.  I cannot wait to have my Hba1c test, that is the 90-day average of one's blood sugar level and show it to my doctor!

I made Beef Fajitas with Guacamole  tonight. (With no tortilla, of course)



250 g. beef, cut into strips (But I got the salpicao cut in Rustan's)
1 t. olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1/2 t. rock salt
dash of cumin, chili powder and freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 t. worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced

Marinate the beef for 1 hour at room temperature.

1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 t. olive oil

Saute the onions and pepper in olive oil on a griddle or cast iron skillet.  Push the vegetables on one side of the griddle and cook the beef until it is no longer red.

Serve with grated cheese, cilantro leaves, tomato salsa and guacamole.



Guacamole



2 avocados, mashed
Fresh Salsa with Lime

Combine the mashed avocado and fresh salsa.

Beef Fajita is best eaten wrapped in warm tortilla with a dollop of sour cream.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

100 g. boiled shrimps
1 poached egg. 



Finally!!!!!  I was able to cook perfect poached eggs! And I did not even use an egg ring.  Thanks, Bibo for teaching us!

Lunch: (With my family)

Gilly's Beef Nilaga and Vegetables





Marrow for PD



Grilled Pork Chop (I used the Thai Grilled Pork Belly recipe.)



Grilled Tilapia



Sweet Camote



Snack:

2 T. chicken sandwich filling

Dinner:

Beef Fajitas with Guacamole

PS.

My baby boy loves lettuce leaves.  He ate my left over Romaine lettuce.  I actually set him up so I could take his picture stealing food from the table!



Bad boy, Wriggly!!!

2 comments:

  1. your lunch makes me drool. i saw something good that will make me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mona
      Naku! Nainggit ka na naman sa bulalo ni PD!!!

      Delete