Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Tawilis

FBS: 126

I can NOT eat Sans Rival!!! It is a wheat-free dessert but not sugar-free!  What a surge in FBS!  Now, I know better.  I hope what I ate today will make my reading lower tomorrow.

I woke up early to go to Poblacion Market which I refer to all the time as Bel-Air Market.  I bought some ingredients I need for my luncheon tomorrow. 

Then.... I saw fresh Baby Tawilis!!!  I like that kind of tawilis because it has no scales.  Perfect for deep-frying and then you eat it with piping hot Bulalo Soup!

But since I cannot eat fried foods because I am aiming for a lower FBS, I just cooked.....

Tawilis Pinangat



250 g. Tawilis
1 t. rock salt
2 T. calamansi juice
1 C. water
patis to taste

Put all the ingredients in a stainless steel frying pan and cook the fish until the flesh is firm then add 1 T. of oil. Serve with patis. 

So easy!!! Plus you can eat the whole fish from head to tail! 

After breakfast, I went to Farmers Market in Cubao to buy ubod for the lumpia I am making for tomorrow.  It was just a quick trip. I did not realize until today that when you buy the ubod and have it cut verticallly it is cheaper compared to having it cut horizontally (which I bought).  I love the ubod in Cubao because it is so tender and not fibrous at all.

I was so busy cooking the whole day! I am very tired , even my baby is very tired as well.



Food Diary:

Breakfast:

1/2 C. white rice
Tawilis

Lunch:

1/2 C. white rice
Tawilis
Sauteed vegetables

Snack:

handful of cashews
filling of Lumpiang ubod



Dinner:

Grilled Chicken Salad



No comments:

Post a Comment