Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My new pen pal....

My FBS this morning was 86!  That is very good! I am still under 90.  The normal FBS for non-diabetics is 100 and 90 for diabetics.

I wrote again to Dr. Davis and shared in his blog that my FBS yesterday was 76 only after 2 weeks of being wheat-free.  I also told him I am starting a campaign to educate people here in the Philippines the evil that wheat can do to our bodies and the benefits of wheat-free living.

This was his reply to my comment:

Dr. Davis says:
 
That’s spectacular, Lia!


Yes, keep telling us about your progress. Too many people see this as a problem unique to North America and hearing about experiences, such as that of you and your friends and family in the Philippines, reminds everyone that this is a worldwide problem.

I want to wake up already tomorrow to check my FBS because I would like to know if what I ate the whole day would affect my score.  I was definitely super wheat-free today.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

Shrimp and Mushroom Omelette

Lunch:

1/2 C. white rice
Patola Soup
Pan-fried Sole fish

Snack:

almonds

Dinner:

1/2 C. white rice
Chicken and Pork Adobo with no soy sauce
Salad greens with pears and grapes



No comments:

Post a Comment