Sunday, August 5, 2012

Avocado and Shrimp Salad

FBS: 94

Better!  I want my FBS to go down to low normal again.

I need to eat a lot of food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids to elevate my HDL levels.  A high HDL level is very important because the risk of heart attack or stroke is lower.  The fatty acids break down the plaque attached to our arteries.

One source of Omega 3 fatty acids is avocado.  It is known as the "good fat".  I have to eat at least 2 servings of food high in Omega 3 fatty acids per week.

I made Avocado and Shrimp Salad for dinner.

Avocado Shrimp Salad



100 g. shrimps, boiled in salted water and peeled
1 sm. avocado, cut into cubes
1 T. red onion, chopped finely
half a lemon, juice of
1/4 t. rock salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 t. sugar
1 t. olive oil
1 tomato, cut into cubes
1/4 C. singkamas, big cubes (Mangoes are supposed to be used but it is high in sugar.)
Romaine lettuce

Dressing:

In a small glass bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red onion, sugar, salt and pepper and set aside for 5 minutes or more to infuse the flavor of the onion.

Put the Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, singkamas and avocado in a salad bowl.  Pour the dressing and toss the vegetables with a pair of tongs and then transfer onto a plate.  Arrange the shrimps on top and garnish with cilantro leaves.

I enjoyed my salad because the lemon dressing was perfect for the buttery avocado.

Earlier in the day, I was in Glorietta (Cinema floor) and look what I saw!!!!



I love flavored shave ice!!!!



I got the Swiss Cheese flavor.



I hope it was just frozen milk with cheese and not blended with starch.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

1/2 C. rice
100 g. shrimps, boiled
1 egg, poached in the liquid where the shrimp was boiled

Snack:

Swiss Cheese flavor shaved ice (small)

Lunch:

Fried Rice
fried chicken with no breading

Snack:

Dumplings, almost no wrapper

Dinner:

Avocado Shrimp Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment