Saturday, August 25, 2012

Birthday with my Family

FBS: 86

Oh, Thank you, God! It is in the normal range.  It means I can eat and eat! Well ... not eat much but eat my favorite food!

Happy Birthday Everyday, Lia!!!

I celebrated my Birthday today with my family and I just served all my favorite food!!!!



My Ate bought Lechon for me and for my family to enjoy.



My Kuya was the sponsor for the crabs.



I woke up early to go to Farmer's Market in Cubao to buy the crabs.

I made the dipping sauce for the crabs.... Butter Garlic Vinegar Dip.



When Gilly arrived, she asked me if she could skim the fat from the sauce.  I said, NO!  I put chunks of butter in it specifically because I wanted it buttery!  Hahahaha.

I also bought Suahe Shrimps for my nephew, Nicky, who rarely joins our Saturday lunches.



I bought my favorite bone marrow at Rustan's, Rockwell.

I asked my "suki" butcher, Jun, to give me nice "bias" with lots of marrow.  He did not disappoint me.



When PD saw what I prepared for everybody she was so happy!



Hahahaha It felt like SHE was the one who celebrated her birthday.  She loves bone marrow! She had about 5 of them.

We usually have bulalo soup every Saturday but not enough marrow for everybody.  I always set aside the marrow for PD but this time, we had "utak" to our heart's content!!!



Marrow from the bone is GOOD cholesterol.  I kid you not!  It is high in monounsaturated fat which I need need to raise my HDL level.  It is like eating salmon, tuna, avocado or walnuts.  If you don't trust me, research it online.


http://jennifer.hubpages.com/hub/The-Differences-Between-Saturated-Monounsaturated-and-Polyunsaturated-Fats

 "All fats contain some of each kind of fat, but these fats are classified by what they contain the most of. Examples of saturated fats are beef, butter, coconut oil and chocolate. Examples of monounsaturated fats are olive oil, lard, and bone marrow. Examples of polyunsaturated fats are corn oil, sunflower oil, and safflower oil as well as partially hydrogenated oils."

"A good rule of thumb to remember is that traditional fats are good for you and manmade fats are not. Think about how people used to cook. They used butter from the cow in their backyard and lard from the pig that was butchered in the fall. These kinds of fats are mostly monounsaturated fats (which are good for you) which lowers LDL (the bad kind of cholesterol). Saturated fats actually raise HDL (the good kind of cholesterol) as well as fight viruses and provide our bodies with essential vitamins. Polyunsaturated fats lower HDL, especially those that are cooked. Our bodies do need some polyunsaturated fats, but one of the problems is we consume way too much of it. Try to get your polyunsaturated fats from fish oil, flaxseed oil and walnut oil and avoid the other kinds unless eaten cold." 

http://bodyecology.com/articles/6_benefits_monosaturated_fats.php#.UDjK4KBAWdk

Bulalo Soup with Corn and Cabbage





Green mango and bagoong.



I also made Sinapalukan Baby Tilapia.



Everybody loved my Leche Flan.  The recipe is in my blog - Leche Flan Alaska Milk.



OHHHHH I was so stuffed!!!! I did not eat merienda anymore.

It was really a Happy Birthday celebration with my family.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

4 pcs. sio mai

Lunch:

rice (I did not measure.)
boiled corn
crab
shrimps
lechon
green mango and bagoong
leche flan

Dinner:

broth and cabbage from the Bulalo soup
Sinampalukan baby tilapia

P.S.  Will be celebrating my Birthday in Cebu ... will blog about it when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment