Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Homemade Avocado Ice Cream

FBS: 62

NO! NO! NO! Still too low and my insulin is already down to 36 units.  Will decrease it again tonight.

I have a surplus of Avocado because I was not able to use it for my guacamole, it was still unripe at the time I needed it.  I just made it into Homemade Avocado Ice Cream.

Avocado Ice Cream



500 g. avocado flesh
1 sm. Alaska Condensada (blue label)

Puree the avocado flesh in a blender, add the condensada and freeze.

Tonight was Taco and Nachos Night with Mona.  I still had left over taco shells and nachos (made from real corn, not flour). 





We just bought the ground beef, Old El Paso Taco seasoning and lettuce at Rustan's, Rockwell.



I heated the shells and nacho chips in a 350 F oven.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

2 eggs, tuna and cheese omelette



Lunch:

1/2 C. rice
chicken adobo
Garlic Kangkong

Snack:

Fresh lumpia without wrapper
a slice of canonigo without sauce

Early Dinner:

1 pc. sharksfin sio mai
1 pc. shrimp sio mai
yang chow fried rice
seafood and beancurd hot pot

Evening Snack:

2 pcs. beef tacos
corn nachos with cheese sauce
avocado ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment