Monday, September 6, 2010

Grilled Shrimps with Avocado and Pomelo Salad


1 week of eating salad for dinner! I survived! And the most wonderful thing is.... I am not even craving for rice, bread or meat for dinner! Yay!!! I hope this will continue and will become a lifestyle already.


I was in Rustan's tonight and was thinking of buying SPAM light or turkey. Then I thought to myself, that is loaded with extra fat and preservatives so I just opted to buy 1 piece of fish for breakfast tomorrow together with 1/2 C. brown rice.


I still eat anything I like for lunch but I am more discriminating in my choice now. I am already very impatient.... I haven't seen the results yet... it has been a week already! I don't want to weigh myself or get my blood sugar yet or else I might get discouraged. Will give myself one more week to check my statisitcs.


Tonight's experiment was Grilled Shrimps Avocado and Pomelo Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing.


I loved the shrimps! I just peeled, deveined and sprinkled a pinch of rock salt... let it stand for 5 minutes, then squeezed an orange segment or two on it before "pan-grilling" with olive oil. The avocado made the salad a bit heavy and creamy. It was just ok... will I do this again? I don't know... I'm still on the fence.


50 grams Salad greens

pomelo segments

avocado slices

9 pcs. grilled shrimps


Dressing


1 T. lemon juice

1 T. orange juice

1 T. honey

1 T. Extra Virgin Olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment