Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thai Salad with Shrimps and Pomelo

Two weeks!!!! Salad every night for two weeks and I did not repeat a recipe! Congratulations are in order. I did not eat rice, bread nor meat with my salad. And the best thing about it.... my blood sugar went down by 115 points! From 325 to 210, I still have a long way to go but at least I'm on my way!!! Yes! Hooray!!! I hope I can keep this up.

Thai Salad with Shrimps and Pomelo



50 g. Green Lollo leaves

Pomelo segments

8-10 pcs. boiled shrimps

handful of roasted peanuts or cashew

Dressing

1 T. lime juice

1 T. honey

1/2 T. Thai fish sauce

1/8 t. chili flakes

1 pc. shallots, sliced thinly into rounds


Combine all ingredients for the dressing.


I loved my salad dressing. I think this is my favorite. I am excited to let my friends and Ate taste my concoction. I have to serve this during lunch so I can grill pork and perhaps make Tom Yung soup, if that is the case, won't add shrimps anymore to my salad.


The perfect bite.


I was able to buy my favorite Sunsweet Green Lollo!!!! I wanted to buy several heads but the guy from the vegetables section of Rustan's Rockwell said the lettuce will only be fresh for 3 days. It is really so hard to find this variety. Every time I ask the people from the vegetable section of supermarkets(Landmark, SM or Metro Gaisano), they would give me Green Ice which look so much different from the leaves of Green Lollo.







I was also looking for cashews for my Thai Salad but I didn't want to buy the packed cashews. I opted to buy the raw peanuts and just roasted them in my oven.


There are still so many salad and dressing recipes out there.... I want to experiment and find out which are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment