Thursday, September 30, 2010

Caesar Salad from Scratch

I've been eating food for the "sick" these past few days.... arroz caldo.... chicken sopas... and this morning I made chicken congee but it tasted like AM!!!  So tonight, I said to myself .. no more sick food!

I cooked bacon, toasted whole wheat bread and made Caesar Salad from scratch!  Oh, did I mention I heated the baked beans in bacon grease????

I didn't measure the ingredients for the salad dressing so will just give an approximate amount.

Caesar Salad Dressing




1 egg yolk
1/4 t. French's mustard
2 T. Wesson Corn Oil
1/2 t. anchovy, mashed into paste
1/2 t. white wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Beat the egg yolk and mustard together with a spatula.  Gradually add the oil, then the anchovy paste and vinegar.  Drizzle over the lettuce leaves and garnish with the following:

3 pcs. bacon, crumbled
1 pc. whole wheat bread, toasted and cut into cubes
Parmesan cheese, grated

I only ate half of the Hunt's Baked Beans ... I really like it better than the plain Hunt's pork and beans.  There really is a difference in taste.


And also half  a Bacon sandwich.  Before I wouldn't be satisfied with just 1 sandwich, now I could barely finish my half. 





Hopefully, tomorrow night I can just eat salad with no meat.  But for tonight .. I'm trying to regain my strength from eating food for the "sick".

PS.... I enjoyed my grilled bangus this lunch time.  I just added rocksalt to the "butterflied" bangus and had it grilled "open faced".  That was the way they grilled the bangus in Boracay.  My fish turned out really yum!  It was like fried bangus... golden brown and crunchy but it was grilled.  I want to eat that again for lunch tomorrow.  I was too excited and hungry to take a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Caesar salad is my absolute favorite salad...I wish I can taste your version. This made my mouth water!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lia. I appreciate the comments :)

    ReplyDelete