Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ginataang Sitaw with Squash

I was reading the food section of  The Inquirer today and there was an article about the different ways we Filipinos cook adobo and it made me crave for Mayette's Adobo again even if I just cooked it the other day.  It is something I can eat over and over... I can eat it with Kare Kare... or steamed suahe with tomato and wansoy... or with vegetables.

I asked Tita Portia what kind of vegetables she would like to eat with adobo and she said, Ginataang Sitaw with Squash.  Normally, I would cook it the same way I would with Bicol Express but today, it was a very simple recipe and it took  less than 10 minutes to prepare.

Ginataang Sitaw with Squash



1 bundle dark green sitaw, cut into 2 inch length
squash, sliced thinly then cut into squares
garlic, crushed
onion, sliced
ginger, sliced
100 grams pork, diced
1 tsp. fresh alamang
1 T. fish sauce
coconut milk, 1st and 2nd extraction(about 1 C.)

Saute garlic, onion and ginger... then add the pork...  when the color changes, add the alamang.
Pour the coconut milk, 2nd extraction.  When it starts to boil, add the vegetables and cover for 3 minutes without lowering the heat.
Season with fish sauce then add the coconut milk, 1st extraction.  Turn off the heat when the vegetables are done.

I can't wait to cook again Mayette's Adobo!


I hope I can let you taste, one serving wouldn't be enough for you.  I have a confession to make ... there were a few teaspoons of sauce/oil left in the serving dish, I added about 1 big heaping of rice and cleaned out the platter!

No comments:

Post a Comment