Saturday, February 26, 2011

Matchmaker ......

Tita Portia played cupid tonight and introduced single people to each other.  She also invited her cousin who is visiting from Toronto and another friend, Tita Ruby Henson.  I like her so much because she is so cool and funny!

There were two single "boys" and two "single" girls.... hahahaha... I feel quite old already sometimes when I am in the company of younger people...  late 20's and early 30's.    I was trying so hard to eavesdrop but they were speaking in very low voices!!!!   I hope a friendship develops and who knows... might bloom into something.

Tita Portia asked me to cook Chicken Relleno with gravy






and her favorite Baked Mussels.



Good thing there was jellied cranberry sauce too.



We had buttered vegetables.... corn, peas and broccoli...



Salad with mango vinaigrette.



I was surprised the Baked Sweet Potato Tita Portia cooked tasted Yum!



The sweet potato was boiled... halved... scooped out ... then mashed with butter and milk ... put back into the sweet potato skin halves, sprinkled with brown sugar then baked.  She also concocted a side dish made with whole cranberry sauce and guava jelly.

And.... for dessert ... it was a trio of watermelon sorbet, frozen brazo from Vargas and........  Quezo de Bola dipped in Chocolate!!!



I loved it! So interesting!  It think it is quezo de bola cheesecake balls dipped in dark chocolate.



A few weeks ago, I promised Tita Ruby I would bake an apple pie for her when she mentioned in passing that she can not find a good one anymore.   I spent the rest of the afternoon baking.



I hope she liked it!



Before the night ended, Tita Portia urged the boys to get the numbers of the girls.  We will see what happens next.  Let's hope Cupid's magic work for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment