Thursday, September 11, 2014

Super Easy Chili con Carne

I experimented with Chili con Carne tonight.

It was so easy to make!

I swear! No sweat at all. The only sweating you will do is while eating it because it was a bit "hot" as in spicy.

It is hard to think of what to eat sometimes. So, when an opportunity comes up, I take it.

I prepared a healthy dinner for Mona last night. She has health problems too.

My Taco Salad with Cilantro Dressing.

FGM said, Mona might not come back to my house anymore if there is no more FAT!

I do not know if this is for everybody but, I recently came across an article by Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly, which I would like to share my favorite part with all of you.

Imagine?!?! I have been right all along!

I have been cooking my food in animal fat for quite a while now.

The important thing to remember..... Never eat fat in COMBINATION with wheat.

Ok.... Back to the healthy food.

I have leftover taco meat from last night. I do not want to eat taco salad again tonight.

I "recycled" the meat and turned it into Chili con Carne!

Chili con Carne

1/4 K. Ground beef

1 pack McCormick Chili con Carne mix

1 C. Water

1 can Molinera Crushed Tomatoes

1 can Molinera red kidney beans, washed and drained

1 T. Del Monte Tomato paste

50 g. Milk chocolate

Brown beef in a non-stick skillet. Drain the fat and transfer beef into a heavy bottomed pot.

Dilute the Chili con Carne mix in water. Add to the browned beef.

When it boils, add the crushed tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.

Add the kidney beans and tomato paste. Cover partially and simmer again for another 20 minutes.

Add the chocolate, stir and let it simmer for an additional 10 minutes.

Top with grated cheese, chopped cilantro, spring onions, red onions, peppers and/or sour cream if you like.

I loved it!!!! The degree of difficulty????? Zero!!!!!

Anyone who cannot cook can do this!!!!

 

2 comments: