Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So hard....

FBS report: 72

I am very happy again with my results this morning! Even without the bee propolis the FBS reading was still low! I was afraid if I do not take it, I will see a spike in my blood sugar.

AIR21 has not yet delivered my Bee Propolis!!!  I keep on calling to follow up but to no avail.

I cooked Pinakbet today for lunch.  I already have a recipe here in my blog but I liked the version today.

Pinakbet



100 g. pork belly cut into small cubes or strips
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
1 inch-knob ginger, sliced
2 T. raw bagoong
1 C. water
squash
eggplant, sliced
okra, cut into 2
stringbeans, cut into 2-inch length
(I do not like ampalaya but you may add.)

Brown the  pork pieces in a wok until the oil comes out.  Set aside.

In the same wok with the oil from the pork, saute garlic, onions, ginger and tomatoes.  When the tomatoes are wilted, add the pork and bagoong,  then water.

As soon as it boils, layer the squash, eggplant and okra (and ampalaya).  When the vegetables are crisp tender, add the stringbeans and cook for about 2 minutes more.

I also had the Chicken and Pork Adobo of Mayette for lunch.



The fatty pork pieces are reserved for PD.

Wednesday is KST (Kasambahay Sa Tahanan) day in Bel-Air.  A group of women serves as facilitators to the household helpers.  We always have merienda after each session.

It is so hard for me every week  to watch Mona eat the delicious food!  Mostly pasta, bread and something meaty plus dessert.  Tita Ope of Salcedo Market prepared the merienda today! I really love her Chicken Relleno and I had a slice.  Mona had the Baked Macaroni, crunchy buttered baguette, relleno and the bread pudding which tasted like leche flan!  I had to taste just a quarter of a teaspoon bread pudding because Mona said it was very, very good.

I had to bring my own snack, a handful of cashews with skin and 4 little cubes of cheese!  I am very proud of myself because I did not indulge in the wheatful merienda, albeit super YUM! I did not even finish the nuts I was eating, I got full immediately.

I just really need to strengthen my resolve every Wednesday and bring my own food or I can always skip the merienda part and ask Mona to walk home! Hahahahahahaha!

Food Diary:

1 scrambled egg
2 T. chicken sandwich filling

Lunch:

Chicken Adobo
Pinakbet
1/2 C. white rice

Snack:

1 slice chicken relleno
handful of cashews
4 cubes of cheese

Dinner:

1/2 C. white rice
left over pinakbet
left over Bicol express

No comments:

Post a Comment