Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Beef Sukiyaki

My friend Mary Anne from the US asked me for the recipe of Beef Sukiyaki.  I thought I had it in my blog, it means I have not cooked it since March of 2010!  Sukiyaki was one of the favorites of my Mom.  Obviously, not mine but will share a good recipe I got from the cookbook " Filipino Kitchen Library by Jaraza, et. al"

Will simplify the recipe as best as I could.

Beef Sukiyaki

400 g. beef sukiyaki cut
100 g. sotanghon noodles
2 pcs. dried mushrooms, soaked
white onion, cut into rings
tofu, cut into cubes
carrots, cut in rounds
Chinese cabbage, cut in large chunks
3 T. butter
4 eggs

Sauce:

1/2 C. Mirin
2 1/2 C. water
1 T. (10 g.) Dashi
1/2 C. Kikkoman soy sauce
1/4 C. white sugar

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and boil until the sugar dissolves.  Do not boil a second time.  Set Aside

Melt butter in a non-stick pan.  Saute the onions then add the beef slices.

Add the carrots, mushrooms and Chinese cabbage one at a time. 

Pour half of the sauce and let it simmer.

Add sotanghon, tofu and the rest of the sauce.  Simmer for 1 minute more.

Break an egg into each bowl, beat and dip the meat before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment