Friday, September 28, 2012

Gift from the Avancenas

I finally got my birthday gift from the Avancena Family!


Mona, Corry and Tita Cena Avancena asked me what I wanted for my birthday .... I told them, the electric table top grill I saw in Rustan's.


The first experiment was.....

Beef Misono

250 g. beef striploin, cut into shreds
2 t. Kikkoman soy sauce
1 t. sesame oil
1 t. sugar

Marinate the beef in soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

2 T. butter
garlic, chopped
onions, sliced
red pepper, cut into strips
green pepper, cut into strips
carrot, julienned
togue
cabbage, shredded roughly
Kikkoman soy sauce
sugar
salt
pepper
sesame oil

Heat the table top grill, add 1 T. butter and cook the beef until not pink anymore.  Set aside.


Add another 1 T. butter and dump all the vegetables on the table top grill.


When half cooked, season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar and sesame oil.

Add the beef  and toss with the rest of the ingredients.


Mona I enjoyed our dinner.  I am teaching her ways to cook healthy food without sacrificing the taste.

I love cooking meat with assorted vegetables.  The best thing about using a grill is that the liquid evaporates or drips down the drip pan.  The vegetables remain crisp tender and not too soggy.

I already have a lot of dishes lined up using my new Tefal Table Top Grill!!!

Thank you so much Mona, Corry and Tita Cena!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment