Thursday, September 13, 2012

Orange Glazed Salmon Belly

FBS: 113

Yay!!!  I really tried so hard yesterday to eat healthy food.  I am still doing my very best today. 

I bought Salmon Belly at Rustan's the other day at 50% off.  I researched the net and saw an easy recipe.  And very delicious also!!!! Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids.  Hmmmmm Maybe the sauce is too sweet for diabetics???  We will see tomorrow morning when I check my FBS but I am excited to serve this to my guests next time.

Orange Glazed Salmon Belly



Salmon Belly
Salt and Pepper
olive oil
1/2 C. Ceres orange juice
1/4 C honey or brown sugar.

Marinate the fish with salt and pepper for 30 minutes. 

Dilute the honey or sugar in the orange juice.

Heat a non-stick skillet and pour the olive oil.  When it is smoking hot, lay the salmon pieces skin side down.  Cook for a few minutes and flip over the fish and cook for an additional 2 minutes more or less.  Pour the glaze and let the sauce caramelize a bit.

I ate it with Grape and Cheese Salad



lettuce leaves
grapes
cream cheese

Citrus Dressing

1/2 T. olive oil
2 t. Ceres orange juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. sugar
salt and freshly cracked pepper

I had lunch with my friends at Max's on Jupiter Street.  They wanted a place near their offices so they could go back right after.  It was a convenient place for me too because I just parked my car at Mars gate.

(I do not know how to set my camera if the lighting is yellowish.)

We ordered a whole Spring Chicken



When it arrived at our table, I said ... oh soooo cute!!!! It was so small!!!!  Hahahaha

Pinky loves anything Bangus .... we tried the Pinaputok na Tiyan ng Bangus.



2 kinds of Lumpia:

Fresh Lumpiang Ubod



Lumpiang Sariwa.




Fried Rice with Crabmeat



We did not have enough time for dessert because Jodie had to go back to the office for a meeting.  We plan to meet again next week before Pinky leaves for her ship, Allure, Royal Carribean Cruise Lines. 



Food Diary:

Breakfast:

2 eggs, hardboiled with butter, salt and freshly cracked pepper

Lunch:

breast part of Max's Fried Chicken
1/2 C. crabmeat fried rice
Lumpiang Gulay
Tiyan ng Bangus

Snack:

Peanuts
Fries (BAD)
Ice cream (BAD)

Dinner:

Grape and Cheese Salad
Orange Glazed Salmon Belly


No comments:

Post a Comment