Saturday, September 29, 2012

(Mee) Krob Salad

Tita Linda Floro was the caterer last Wednesday during our KST merienda.  She made Mee Krob and I loved it minus the noodles! I asked her to share the recipe with me.  She is such a talented woman!  She is a well known food stylist and owner of Buon Giorno Restaurant in Tagaytay and Rockwell, Medical City.

Mee Krob is a Thai dish with toasted rice noodles.  Since I cannot eat noodles, I used Romaine lettuce instead.  I made my own version and called it .....

(Mee) Krob Salad


peanut oil
garlic, chopped
onion, chopped
1 t. chili pepper flakes

120 g. shrimps, chopped
120 g. chicken breast, chopped
120 g. pork chopped

salt, sugar and fish sauce for seasoning

Sauce:

1 lime, juice of
1 T. Datu Puti vinegar
1 T. Thai fish sauce
4 T. brown sugar

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.

Garnishings:

4 cakes tokwa, cut into small cubes then deep fried until golden brown

2-egg omellete, cut into strips
spring onions
wansoy
togue

Heat the peanut oil in the wok.  Saute the garlic, onion and chili pepper flakes. Tip in the shrimps, chicken and pork.  Season with salt, sugar and fish sauce.

Cook until the liquid evaporates.

Pour the sauce and let it boil until it turns syrupy.

Spoon the meat mixture on top of the Romaine lettuce leaves.  Garnish with togue, fried tokwa, spring onions and wansoy leaves.

Trust me! It was very delicious.  I absolutely loved it!!!!  I always like the combination of sweet, salty, sour and spicy.   I cannot wait to let my friends try it.

I am now crazy over Vietnamese Iced Coffee!!!!


Hmmmm .... I will not indulge all the time .... just every once in a while.


1 part Alaska Condensed Milk
1 part coffee (1 T. ground coffee + 1/4 C. water = coffee maker)
crushed ice to fill the glass

I played with my new "toy" again this lunch time!

I cooked Japanese Fried Rice...... (recipe)





and

Grilled Orange Chicken and Salmon Belly

1 piece Chicken breast, cut into cubes
4 pcs. Salmon belly
2 T.Ceres Orange Juice
1 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 T. oil

Marinate the chicken and salmon belly in orange juice, brown sugar, salt and oil for 30 minutes.


Grill for a few minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment