Monday, September 24, 2012

Chicken and Pork Pochero

Today is Yaya Hermie's Birthday!!!  I prepared a special dinner for her.  The helpers of my neighbor, Kuya, surprised her with a cake and pancit!!!  They are so sweet.  I told Hermie a lot of people love her.

Chicken and Pork Pochero


1/2 K. Pork Liempo, cut into 2-inch cubes
1/2 K. Chicken
chorizo de Bilbao
2 t. salt
4 C. water
cooking oil
garlic, chopped
onion, sliced
2 T. tomato paste
4 pcs. saba banana
3 pcs. camote, cut into big chunks
1 t. sugar
fish sauce, to taste
cabbage, sliced
You may add pechay, beans and garbanzos

Boil the chicken and pork in water with salt and chorizo for 1 hour.  Drain the meat and reserve the broth.

Slice the chorizo.

Saute garlic, onion and pork pieces.  Add the sliced chorizo and tomato paste.  Pour the broth then add the chicken pieces.  Season with fish sauce and sugar.

When it boils, drop the camote and saba.  When the camote and saba are cooked,  add the other vegetables.

Serve with kalamansi and patis.

Best eaten with eggplant salad.

I missed cooking this dish!!! Mona loved it and so did PD.  What's not to love???  I gave PD the fattiest pieces of pork!

Hermie also enjoyed her Pochero!  I inherited her from my Mom. She has been with us since January of 1997.

Happy Birthday, Hermie! Thank you  for putting up with my craziness!

2 comments:

  1. loved your pochero. que rico. i miss my dad. its one of his favorite. he loves to add olive oil and pork and beans in his pochero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona!I want to eat the leftovers right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete