Monday, August 20, 2018

Thai Food Experiment - Caramelized Chicken Wings

I let my imagination run wild last night. 

We have this favorite Pinatisang Wings from Manam. I have been trying to replicate it but to no avail.  I guess it is a mixture of honey and patis but lately, I do not like the honey that they are selling in the market.

I thought to myself, I can use the sauce of the shrimp cakes for the glaze.  It is made with palm sugar!  Golden nuggets!!!  I am almost out of palm sugar but hopefully I plan to replenish my stock when I go back to Bangkok. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! Overweight baggage!!! hahahaha

Thai Caramelized Chicken Wings (It tastes better than it looks! Promise!)


1 K. chicken wings
1 liter cooking oil

Fry the chicken with no seasoning and set aside.

Glaze:

150 gr. palm sugar
1/2 C.water
2-3 T. Thai fish sauce
1 T. cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 t. Thai chili powder

Combine the palm sugar, water and fish sauce in a pan and cook until palm sugar has melted, set aside.

Heat a big wok or frying pan. 

Cook the garlic until light brown then add the chili powder.

Pour the palm sugar mixture and cook until slightly syrupy.

Toss in the fried chicken to coat with the glaze.

We could not stop eating it!  My Pearlie ladies loved it! 


Hahaha I hope?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment