Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Thai Food Experiment - Shrimp Vermicelli

I have never eaten this dish in Bangkok but I always see it on YouTube.  I tried to follow the recipes online but I did not like how it tasted.  I thought to myself that I could do this dish using ingredients that I like but followed the way the Thai streetfood vendors cook it,

Surprisingly, I liked it! Even Sophie said it was good and she asked me to cook it again.

Thai Shrimp Vermicelli


20 gr. pork fat, cut into small cubes
160 gr. shrimps
120 gr. Sapporo vermicelli, soaked for 15 minutes then drained
1 inch cube ginger, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 t. coursely ground black pepper
1 bunch green onions. cut into 3 inch length

Sauce:

1 C. water
1.5 T. oyster sauce
1 T. soysauce
2 t. sugar
1/2 t. chicken powder
1 t. MSG

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.

Render oil from the fat.


Add the ginger slices and saute for a few seconds.


Put the shrimps in the pan. Cook for a few seconds then flip over.


Add the garlic, spring onions and pepper.  Continue sauteing.


Then add the vermicelli.


Pour the sauce and let it simmer.


Toss the noodles with the tongs and cook until the liquid has been absorbed.


This dish is usually served with the Thai seafood sauce but it is so spicy!







No comments:

Post a Comment