Monday, August 20, 2018

Happy Birthday Everyday With The Kids

Happy Birthday Everyday With The Kids!


Where are the kids? They are all somewhat camera shy except for this kid in the house!


Gilly, Sophie, Renzo and Kuya Nicky, my nieces and nephews were all present!  Lucky me, Kuya Nicky just finished his 36 hour duty. He is an intern studying medicine in Ateneo.

Of course my menu was for kids!


Sweet spaghetti with hot dog.


Note to self: Do not buy Prima Classic noodles because I cooked it for 15 minutes and it was still al dente.  I should get Del Monte or Royal next time.  We all like soft noodles in my family.

Hot dog on a stick! 


The favorite of everybody.  Whew! Took me about 45 minutes to cook all because I can only fry 3 pieces at a time.

Fried chicken wings


Cheeseburger sliders


Kuya bought BBQ from Aling Nene. 


Boiled corn.


Chocolate milkshake!


2 parts ice cream and 1 part milk ratio.

Banoffee Pie made by my Ate!


My special request.  I love it because it is not too sweet.  Cristina asked for the recipe and my Ate shared it with me.  I do not know where she got the recipe, though.

Banoffee Pie


Crust:

2 C. crushed graham crackers
5 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. + 1/8 t. cinnamon powder
1/2 C + 1 T. melted butter

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pack tightly in a 9-inch pie plate or pan with removable sides.

Filling:

9 pcs. lacatan bananas, sliced diagonally
1 pack all purpose cream, chilled
1 C. dulce de leche

Place bananas over Graham crust, about 3 layers.

Whip dulce de leche and spread over the bananas.

Whip the all purpose cream and spread on top of the dulce de leche.

Top with shaved chocolate.

Cover with cling wrap and chill for 4 hours





No comments:

Post a Comment