Saturday, August 11, 2018

Pocket Celebrations - Happy Birthday Everyday

Happy Birthday Everyday!!!


It is already a tradition for several years now that I celebrate my birthday everyday for the whole month of August.  I don't have to have a birthday party everyday.  There are times I would eat my favorite food or just go to mass or shop for something new.

How did it start?  When my dad was still alive 40 years ago, he declared that everyday of August  was my birthday!

So now that I am older, I hold pocket celebrations with a few friends at a time.

I think of their favorite food and that is what I cook for them.

My travel group is called Baliws because we are all crazy funny individuals!


I know they like rib eye steak, mashed potatoes and salad, lots of greens, so that was what I prepared for the Baliws!




I went to Powerplant this afternoon to kill time because I was getting restless.  I could not cook yet the food for dinner so I had merienda with FGM at Ippudo.

When I got home, Dra.Cristina and Doc Bernie were busy decorating my house!!!


I will not remove the decorations until the end of August!

Cristina also gave me my favorite candies and her sister, Odinah, gave me a chocolate bar!


Haha! If you do not know what to give me, a bar of milk or white chocolate is welcome!

Ok, dark chocolate also but I only use it for baking.

Not so subtle, huh? Hihihihi

I made Lengua Mushroom deep dish pies because I know Jodie likes it.


Pinky brought my favorite bread rolls from Conti's!


I made pate the other day and divided it into several servings.  The melba toast is made from sliced baguette.


My birthday cake is my science experiment!


They said they liked it! I guess I passed with flying colors!

It was also our PDOS planning session. 


We are headed "somewhere" next month and plotted our itinerary.  Thank you Cristina for the presentation!

I love my crazy and funny friends!


Thank you so much for the "gips"!


And most of all.... thank you for the friendship!



This is us, Baliws!


When we laugh it comes from our gut and from our heart!

The perfect happy belly laugh.

PS

We sort of missed Mona.






No comments:

Post a Comment