Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crispy Pork Binagoongan

I do not know why I suddenly wanted to eat this dish last night.  I could not sleep anymore because I wanted to wake up already so I can experiment.

Crispy Pork Binagoongan



2 slices boiled pork liempo
1 eggplant, grilled and peeled
2 T. red onion, chopped
1 ripe tomato, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 T. Piyesta Brand bagoong

Boil a whole slab of liempo then just slice as you need and keep the rest in the freezer.



Over low heat without adding cooking oil, pan fry the pork in a non-stick pan until almost brown. 



Then cut into slices and fry again in the same pan until crispy.  Set aside.



Brown the garlic in the oil rendered from the pork, remove then add the bagoong.  Saute briefly, toss in the pork pieces.

Slice the eggplant lengthwise, top with onions and tomatoes.  Put the crispy pork with bagoong on top and garnish with fried garlic.



I suffer from vertigo occasionally so I just used a small amount of bagoong.  I love the PIYESTA brand because it is not too salty. I can only buy it from the fruit and castanas vendor in Seaside, Macapagal.


You can adjust the amount of bagoong according to taste.

4 comments:

  1. love it! very informative. but have you tried the fresh bago-ong? taste great too. thanks.. more cooks to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I also make ginisang bagoong from scratch. But I have not tried using raw alamang for the binagoongan. At the time I was craving for the crispy binagoongan, I only had the bottled one.

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarap! Gotta try this soon. They only sell mama Sita bagoong here but will go to Chinatown and there might be a shop that sell this piyesta brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi els, Barrio fiesta bagoong, regular flavor is a good 2nd choice.

      Delete