Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Day in the Life of Lia

The day started with a call from Jing, Li? What are you going to do today?   I told her I just have a few errands and then I am free!  We met in Glorietta, did a little girlie shopping.  I cannot help it but I already bought a couple of tops for my Boracay trip in January.

We just had a snack in Ti-amo, Greenbelt 5.  I have always wanted to try it.  Waffle with Gelato.



I liked how the waffle looked but of course nothing can beat the Bacon Waffle of Pancake House.

I was walking back to Glorietta where I parked my car when I saw Kenji Tei Ramen House.



I read in Spot.ph it is one of the Top 10 Ramens in Metro Manila. I ordered the Chashu Miso Ramen, regular size.



At it least the sodium level was not up to the roof although I still prefer the ramen of Ukkokei Ramen house... http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2011/01/danger-of-reading-food-blogs.html that is VERTIGO in a bowl!!!  I practically saw stars after taking my first sip. LOL   You should try it at least once in your life.  I do not mind eating there again but will have to bring Serc.

Ever since I came back from the Visayas region, Cebu and Boracay, I have been craving for Pancit Bam-i.



I googled for the recipe and experimented tonight.

I should have used the pancit canton noodles I see in the supermarket all the time because I used egg noodles.  I did not realize I have to boil before using it, so my Pancit Bam-i took a longer time to cook.  The egg noodles were still a bit chewy but the sotanghon noodles were pasty already and the vegetables over cooked!  I will experiment next time and hope it will be better so I can share the recipe. 

I love pancit! All kinds of pancit, but it is something I cannot master.  I will not give up though and try and try until I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment